Wednesday, October 9, 2013

"If I Were Super"

If I were an alien raised in Kansas,
I’d lift the roofs off bicameral houses,
Speak to those below arrayed:
“Truth, justice, the American way!”

If I wore the flag and raised a shield
I’d rush to assemble on the field
With my remaining brothers,
Remembering the honored others

If I snooped with winged fangs
And a billion was pocket change,
I’d bam, oof, and pow my way;
John Q’s insurance would be paid

If I burned green with atomic rage
And bullets bounced off my fleshy cage,
I’d bust down the doors at House White
Smash sense into stalwart pride

If arachnids biting or steel claws fighting,
If altered genes or colored rings,
If armored suits or a thousand troops;
If I were super, if only I were super

However, there is one thing:
I can fall down, call on the King,
Use my knees to bow and pray;
Trust that real power’s on the way

No comments: