Thursday, February 9, 2017

"$19.99"

I was surfing when I found this
Forgive me if you’ve seen before
But I have to share this info
I’m pretty sure this one’s a score

This guy was all charming
To those in studio audience
Showing off a product’s best features
Testifying, trying to convince

‘Cause he says, “Another thirty minutes,
Deal is over, oops out of time!”
So right now I’m gonna buy it ‘cause it’s $19.99

I was clicking when he added,
“This is awesome, but wait, there’s more!
Act now, we’ll double offer!
Deals like this aren’t in the stores”

Stuff is all around me
But my shelf is not yet full
Time to instant gratify
“Credit by phone or go online, use PayPal”

‘Cause he said, “Another twenty minutes,
Deal is over, oops out of time!”
So right now I’m gonna buy it ‘cause it’s $19.99


adapted from "1999"
Prince (1982)

No comments: