Wednesday, January 22, 1997

"All I Really Want Is A Hug"

While I try to unscrew the nuts of lug,
All I really want is a hug,
But no! Nobody even gives a care,
Why! You wouldn’t even dare.

I am shaken up very, very much,
But do you care? I should think at least not in that such.
I could have been hurt, maimed or even killed;
Fortunately, I was not; but at times it happened I had willed.

“NO TV TONIGHT!!” you furiously shouted;
I knew this would happen, never even doubted.
I love you so much that I would die for you, and yet,
You’d never think to do the same for me, I’d bet.

It was fun while it lasted, but
It did not last quite long enough. “What?”
You ask. I refer not to cars or to wrecks, but to life,
Mine, that is, filled with anger, sadness, and strife.

Now that I’ve unscrewed the final nut of lug,
Still, all I want from you is a hug.
Have you any (hugs!) for me this day?
Alas! It is too late! I’ve already gone away!

No comments: